Have you ever wondered what you should be asking a college coach?
Parents and players received guidance on how to proceed through the college recruitment process at the FC United Boys College Advisory Panel. Parents and players also had a chance to ask questions to the panel.
CLICK HERE to watch the full FC United Boys College Advisory Panel video
FC UNITED COLLEGE ADVISORY PANEL DETAILS
Minos Vlamakis I FC United Staff Coach I University of Illinois - Chicago D1 Assistant Coach
Joe Ahearn I Northwestern University D1 I Associate Head Coach
Michael Babst I University of Chicago D3 I Head Coach
Craig Blazer I DePaul University D1 Head Coach I FC United Staff Coach
Graham Brennan I Roosevelt University NAIA I Head Coach
Patrick Flinn I FC United Staff Coach I Loyola University D1 Assistant Coach
Aaron Hohlbein I University of Wisconsin D1 I Assistant Coach
Ed Vucinic I St. Xavier University NAIA I Head Coach
• College Advisory Panel Introduction
• Registering for the NCAA
• Collegiate Academic Standards
• Beginning the College Soccer Recruiting Process
• NCAA & NAIA Rules and Regulations
• Final Recruiting Summary
• Academics are a priority - maintaining a solid GPA and testing well could lead to acceptance in the university of your choice and can also lead to academic scholarship aid.
• When contacting the schools of your choice, keep it authentic and personal; showing a genuine interest in the program can go a long way in grabbing the staff's attention.
• Make every training session and match count; you never know when coaches are watching. Be the best player and teammate that you can be. Character > Talent.
CLICK HERE for the 2016-17 Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete. This document from the NCAA goes into great detail about everything we talked about at the Boys College Advisory Panel.
Bear Fisher I FC United Boys Director I firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Smith I FC United Development Academy Director I email@example.com